Monday, January 5, 2009

Dumping out the bag again....

I've forgotten how frustrating and exciting it can be to pack for a backpacking trip. I've spread the contents of my bag across the bed for (hopefully) the last time, picking up shirts and putting them back down again, combing through toiletries, choosing and discarding books....

(Will the usefulness of knowing exactly which species of scorpion or ant has crawled into our hotel room make up for carting around that heavy Desert Identification book? My thought is yes.)

As per our promise to several family members, Robert and I will be attempting to blog our next few weeks in Baja, something which I've often told people I would do but never have. Look forward to sporadic installations of prose and photos, and please don't ever say I never wrote to you while on a trip....

Besos,
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment